Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dear baby of mine


My sweet little baby,
I loved you from the start.
I'll never forget you,
You'll always be in my heart.

I wanted to protect you,
Until the day I die.
Watch you take your first steps,
See you laugh, smile, and cry.

It happened so fast,
You were there, now you're gone.
I feel so empty,
But I know I will go on.

When I think of you
I shed another tear.
Although I never got to hold you,
That I do not fear.

God needed an angel,
So he called upon mine.
I know you are safe with him
and it's just a matter of time...

Until I will see you,
And snuggle that little nose.
I'll kiss your soft cheek,
And count all of your precious toes.

I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks. It was very sudden and shocking because at 8 weeks everything was fine and we saw the little heart beat.
I feel very peaceful about everthing and understand that God has a plan that we don't always know about. I had learned so much about myself and others through this trial. Dave and I grew closer and I have gained a new appreciation for Sawyer.
So many people have it much worse than me and I know things will always work out and I will always keep my trust in God.

5 comments:

Juline said...

You're one amazing lady!...lots of love to you and your family.

Ness said...

I feel like I jinxed you. I'm so sorry. I truly know how you feel. That poem says it all. But feel free to come over and vent, cry, vent or whatever.
You are awesome.

Abbie&Trevor said...

I am so sorry Hollie. My heart heart and cried for you when I read this post. Before I had Maddix I had a miscarriage. It seems like life goes a little numb for a while. I am so glad that you have your sweet baby to hold in the midst of it all.
Please call or e-mail if you need anything.

Johnstun Fam said...

I am so sorry to hear that Hollie, miscarriages are hard, I had one before Tate as well and well Abbie put if perfectly, life goes numb, and isn't it great knowing that there is a plan! You are an amazing mother and all will work out well, love you girl!!

Adam, Annie, Josan and Calvin said...

wow i m so impressed by what you wrote Hollie! we ve been trying to get pregnant and i keep complaning on how long it takes this time...but reading what you wrote just made me realize how thankful i should be for Josan too you know....all my thoughts for you guys. Like you said; its just a matter of time before you see your little angel again...