Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back it up


So somehow I deleted a folder on my computer and somehow it deleted my ENTIRE picture folder!!! All my pics Sawyers baby pics, wedding pics, dating pics, vacation pics... EVERYTHING!

Well this sounds horrible and it would be if Dave and I hadn't decided to buy an external hard drive last year. We back up our computer about once a month. So I did end up loosing some pics, but only about 2 weeks worth.
An external hard drive works like a very large USB drive. You plug it into you computer, copy your files to it and unplug it. All your files are on there just the way you left them.
We are planning on buying another one to store at my dads house too.
I got a small glimpse into how I would feel if I lost everything. I do have scrapbooks, but I don't print everything. I would be completely DEVASTATED!
So many things can happen to computers, (stolen, crash, virus, user error), so please spend 50-100 bucks and back up your files!!!

No comments: