Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just call me speedy gonzales...




So on Saturday I ran a HALF MARATON!! Which in my opinion they need to change the name because it implies it's not that great because it's only "half" ... well it's still 13.1 MILES!! I'm really proud of myself. It's not too often in life we can set a goal, work towards it, and then acomplish it by crossing a finishing line while people cheer. I always cry when I cross the finish line. It's awesome!!
I ran it in 2hrs and 6 min. My previous time was 2 hrs and 9 min. The amazing Lindsay Zizumbo ran it in 1 hr and 39 min. She is sure amazing (and super fun!!). Wad up Z.

3 comments:

Supalinds said...

You totally rock! I am so proud of you...getting a personal record and having a great time doing it.

It was so fun to spend the day with you. You are a great friend and I love being around you.

Thank you for the 'shout out'. I am glad that you share a passion of running with me!

How is the new lack of 'you know what' coming along?

Robin said...

Hello Speedy!! I thought you mentioned something about a half marathon. Way to go!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for finding me! I didn't know you had a blog! Congrats on the 1/2 you are awesome! I start training for St. George on June 1...can't wait!!! love you