So to start I would like to say that Dave LOVES BYU. He bought season tickets this year as soon as they went on sale, he has tons of BYU gear, has a sticker on his car, and gets so pumped for the games.
Today was a game day and I thought I would go with him. I got all hyped up with him, we dressed the part, had binoculars, a camera, and made the 2 hour drive down early enough to check out all the pregame stuff.
We got there found our seats and had a few hot dogs. The game started and there was music and cheering, and I was doing my best to make sure I was being a good date.
Well it was really freaking hot! I was trying to stay hydrated, even drank water on the way to the game. I was sweating pretty bad, so I untucked my shirt and fanned it a bit. I chewed on ice and just tried to relax.
We weren't even through the 1st quarter when I started getting really dizzy and light headed. I thought, "Oh I'll be fine it's just hot", then I thought "Maybe I'll just walk down to the concessions and sit in the shade for a minute." Then I thought, "If I stand up, I'll pass out." Then I grabbed Dave's arm and said "You need to get me out of here right now!" He stood up and walked me to the shaded hallway under the seats and I sat down on the ground and everything was just spinning. Dave was off getting me water and it wasn't long till the EMT was taking my blood pressure. He said there were lots of people feeling this same way today. I think it was almost 100 degrees.
I told Dave I was feeling better and I would just hang out for a while so he could go back in and watch the game. He looked at the EMT and the EMT said I need some air conditioning and no more sun today. So Dave said "That's it, I'm taking you home."
He scooped me up and off we went, he gently set me in the shade under a tree while he pulled the car up. He bought 2 more bottles of water on our way out and made me pound them like I was in college again!!
I felt so bad about him having to leave the game, but he didn't care at all. He didn't say one word about missing the game, he just said that I was more important than football. I have never fainted before, but I was really scared I might today.
Thanks honey for helping your heat exhausted pregnant wife out, you win the award for best husband ever!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Husband of the year award
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Maybe you're just allergic to Provo? I have that same problem....
It's because you were cheering for the wrong team GO UTES!!!!
OHHH!
My eyes teared up! Dave has his priorities so right! We love BYU 2 but BYU isn't there when you need them like a good companion is!
Although we were at the game and they were entertaining for sure but nothing beats some loving spouse!
Wendy
I almost fainted so many times when I was pregnant. During a family picture, in the neighbors driveway. The list goes on and on. I'm not surprised Dave did that. He seems like a guy that has his priorities straight. Glad you didn't faint at the game. They might have put you on the jumbo tron or whatever they call that thing. Awkward!
Yea good call on Dave's part...you're a nice wife for giving him options - I would have made him take me home pronto. Scratch that - I wouldn't have gone in the first place :) You deserve the wife of the year award.
And you know I have to say it - priorities of course - GO UTES :)
oh how cute! isn't it awesome when they act all cute and selfless like that...it is a good little 'take care of' train. you take care of baby and he takes care of you. Ahhh....can you feel the love?...i can! how sweet!
YOu and DAve are just an awesome couple. You treat him great too but Dave has always been a gentleman. YOu two are so good for each other. Keep taking care of yourself and that baby.
YOu and DAve are just an awesome couple. You treat him great too but Dave has always been a gentleman. YOu two are so good for each other. Keep taking care of yourself and that baby.
OH THAT IS SO SWEET, JOSH WAS DOWN AT THAT GAME TOO! AT LEAST FOR MOST OF YOUR PREGNANCY IT WILL BE COLD....
Yea!!!! You're preggers. Welcome to the secret mommy club you never even knew existed. You'll be a great mom! I'm so happy for you. I miss you btw. You need to email me. julare@gmail.com.
Post a Comment