Monday, March 9, 2009

He's HERE!







Oh man I am in love!
Well Friday started like any other day. I woke up to go to the bathroom and then my water broke! I wasn't sure at first, but after a min I knew it did.
I wasn't having any contractions so I just went to my doctors office for my 9:00am apt. The nurses were so funny and told me to go to the hospital. They called over to make sure I had a good room and a good nurse.
We took our time heading over because still no contractions. We cleaned the house, packed the bags and then were off.
We got all checked in and set up. I changed into my beautiful hospital gown and got all hooked up to the machines.
They put me on patosin because still not contractions. After about an hour I had them up it because I was still not feeling anything. Well 20 min later I was definitly having contractions! I got my epidural a while later and then took a little nap.
By 7:00pm I was a 10 and the doc said, "OK, you should be a mom in about 15 min!"
I was excited and we started pushing, but then after AN HOUR AND HALF Sawyer was still not coming. The doc thought that we may need to do a C-Section. While pushing my guts out (almost literally) I got sick and was throwing up (if this is too much info just stop reading :) ) Well the puking actually helped push him down a little more and 20 min later he was stuck again because he was so big. A nurse had to climb up on the bed and push on my stomach.
Then HAPPY BIRTHDAY! He was here and I was so exhausted. Dave was in shock because he didn't think he'd see so much action.
Sawyer David Dance weighed 9lbs 3oz! He was so big! I could barely hold him because my arms were shaking from fatigue.
We are so happy and in love with this little guy.

18 comments:

Carrie said...

What a story!!! That is crazy! He is a GIANT baby...but thats good :) I've heard the bigger they are when they come out the quicker they are to sleep through the night because they already have more fat storage...it could be a lie, but it's worth believing, right? Anyway, I'm so happy for you three! Congrats!

Bentleys said...

Oh Hollie!!!! They dont tell you the awful labor stories on purpose you know! :) He is so adorable and so worth it I bet! It's amazing just how much you love these lil ones huh! If you need anything let me know!! Good job baking him! Love ya

Heather said...

Wow!! That is a story!!

He is BEAUTIFUL!!! Let us know if you need anything.

Congrats!!!

The Coombs' said...

You are one tough chick! It's amazing what we go through to get them here. I can't wait to meet the not-so-little guy!

Photo Thoughts said...

You did great! He is living proof!
And look at those cheeks!... SOOOO
ADORABLE! Chase was a big baby 2 and guess what... he LOVED to eat!
So eat your veggies! Be ready to feed a boy... they really do love food! Goodluck! Proud of You 2!
Look at Dave's face he just got his football buddy! I can see it now... Sawyer has BYU season tickets at the sweet age of....
a couple days old! :)
Love you Guys and.... Sawyer!

Brandon and Teresa R said...

CONGRATULATIONS! holy cow, that is a BIG baby! you go girl, I am so excited for you!

Jake, Ashlee, and Jaxon Gardner said...

Congratulations! Makes me miss my little baby...enjoy it cause it will go so fast! He is so adorable-I'm so happy for you and your family! You are going to be a great mom....can't wait to see more pics!

kdance10 said...

Guys i'm so happy for you both. Thanks for letting us come hold him. Can't wait to hold him again. He is the cutest little guy. I love the picture with him laying on daves chest. (Makes me baby hungry)

Supalinds said...

He is so handsome!! Congrats Dance family. What a story - I'm so happy everything turned out okay - but you poor thing, puking -eck!!!

We can't wait to come see him (hopefully this weekend).

That baby is so lucky to have you two as parents, congrats again!

Kelly said...

Talk about BIG boy!! We had heard the pushing part had gone on extra long and now we know why! Holy Smokes he looks like a cutie! I want to come hold him--it makes me so excited for our little guy! Congrats!!

Juline said...

Holy crap...You guys breed big! He is so beautiful. I am sure he already has you wrapped around his little finger. Congrats on your big little man. Go Hollie!

Michelle said...

Congrats Hollie!! He's adorable! You look gorgeous as always too!! Hope everything is going well.

Anonymous said...

Oh Hollie what a story!! but aren't they so worth it!!. I can't believe how big he was. I'm glad that everything in the end turned out well. He looks so cute!! I'm so happy and excited for you and Dave :)

Abbie&Trevor said...

Ok... SO you have me in tears. I am so happy for you. He is just adorable. Man is he big, good job Hollie!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of him.

Robin said...

Congrats Dance family! Nate didn't get the memo so I found out you had him by reading some comments on your last post. I feel bad because we were going to come and visit you at the hospital. Enough about me, let's here it for Sawyer! Woot...woot! He is so sweet. You both look like proud parents. We will be stopping by soon for a peek.

The Jacksons said...

What a cutie!

Johnstun Fam said...

Congrats! Sleepless nights are here! He is so adorable! I can't believe how big he was, everyone thinks I amgoing to have a big baby cause how big I am. I am sick but once I feel all better I want to come see ya.

Brandt & Kriste said...

Yeah!! Congrats! I have been checking your blog out for the good news. He is so cute. You deserve a spa treatment really soon after that delivery. Tell Dave Congrats as well.